FIRST AID FOR REMOTE BATTERIES!
NO AC POWER REQUIRED. Use a 12V battery (on your vehicle) as the power source to recharge both 12V lead-acid and 12.8-13.2V LFP (LiFePO4) batteries.
Includes advanced OptiMate features:
RECOVERS deep discharged batteries from ‘dead flat’ (2 Volts). Multi step charging at 2 Amps. MAINTENANCE: Efficient float charge keeps battery at full charge whilst drawing minimum power from source battery. SOURCE BATTERY PROTECTION: low battery warning light and automatic shut-down.
How it works: As simple as 1-2-3!
- Attach the fused clip set to the short input cable (side marked 12 – 16V) and then connect the OptiMate DC to DC to a charged source battery e.g. your vehicle’s 12V battery. The OptiMate DC to DC’s SAVE and CHARGE LEDs will blink together for 1 minute, indicating it is ready to charge a battery.
- Within 1 minute* connect the output charge lead to the battery requiring charge, using the standard clip set or connect directly to the battery that may have the weatherproof battery lead already pre-wired. Charging proceeds when the SAVE or CHARGE LED turn full on. *After 1 minute the OptiMate DC to DC turns off if not connected to the battery that needs charging. To re-start, disconnect from the source battery and then once again reconnect.
- Wait until the green TEST LED blinks. ‘First Aid’ charging has been completed! Leave the charger connected for ‘365’ long term maintenance.
- CHARGING AMPS : 2A
- USE : Indoor / Outdoor (lowest temperature: -4°F / -20°C).
- SAVE : Low Volt Start of 2V
- IDEAL FOR : STD, AGM & GEL 12V batteries from 6Ah and LiFePO4 (LFP) 12.8V/13.2V batteries from 2Ah.
- INPUT : 12-16 V, 2.7A max. With source battery protection > low battery warning light and automatic shut-down.
- STYLE : Weatherproof case with wall mounts, with 6ft / 180cm AC supply lead and 6ft / 180cm charge lead ending in SAE connector.
SAFE: Input electrically isolated from output. No risk of overcharging. Totally safe for vehicle electronics. Sparks suppressed. Safe for long-term battery maintenance. Automatic shut-down if short-circuited or battery disconnected. 3-year limited replacement warranty.