OptiMate TEST – Cranking & Alternator
12V tester for battery state of charge, cranking performance and vehicle charging system.
The ultimate pocket tester for on-vehicle battery performance & alternator voltage testing with either 12V lead-acid or 12.8V LiFePO4 starter battery – Easy troubleshooting from cranking to charging!
- For vehicles fitted with 12V AGM, GEL and STD lead-acid or 12.8V LFP / LiFePO4 starter battery.
- As easy as 1-2-3, connect to battery, check state of charge, start engine tester displays cranking voltage and vehicle charge voltage simultaneously – 15 sec is all you need!
- Display cranking volts down to 6V and charge voltage range up to 15V – Check weak battery or overcharging!
- Easy to use! Connect with the included clips to the battery or connect to an installed SAE battery lead.
MSRP = Manufacturer Recommended Retail Pricing. Price in EURO and GBP include VAT of 20%. VAT in your region may differ. Price in USD and CAD do not include sales tax.
Easy to use! Connect clips to the battery or connect to an installed SAE battery lead, then:
- Check battery charge level. A low battery cranks (starts engine) poorly.
- Start engine. OptiMate TEST records and indicates (for 20 sec) the lowest start volts.
- With engine running, verify charging voltage from alternator and voltage regulator.
TIP: Low charge voltage causes poor battery performance. Too high charge voltage causes excessive gassing and will eventually damage a lead-acid battery. Too high charge voltage is FATAL for a LiFePO4 starter battery!
CHARGE CONNECTOR (INPUT): 2-pin SAE (+set batteryclips)
OPERATION: fully automatic
- State of charge result in GREEN / RED LED resuls, indication of lowest start Volts when engine starts (20 sec) and running voltage from alternator & voltage regulator.
CABLE RATING: SPT-2W 16 AWG (1.32mm2)
FUSE: No fuse
USE: -40°C/-40°F very low temperature, remains flexible at ‘below freezing’ temperatures
STYLE: Fully enclosed electronic circuitry with multiple LEDs, SAE charge connector
WARRANTY: 3-year limited replacement warranty